wedding countdown clock


About This Blog

I created this blog when I am doing my bridal planning... or rather I started this blog while I was halfway through with my bridal planning. So you may find that some posts & the date posted are days or even weeks apart.

I never was a blogger nor am I familiar on how a blog should work. I just want a blog to capture memories of how my life took a turn for the better & also at the same time to help other brides-to-be to have an idea how they can plan their own wedding.

Of course, when my wedding is over, I will also use this blog as a platform to capture our memories together as a married couple on our new home, our kids & our quarrels! (hahaha)


This blog is strictly for information & sharing purposes based on my experiences & any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I hope you find my blog informative & hope it will aid in your own DREAM wedding planning!! Do also comment if this blog needs more improvement!!

Sunday 6 January 2013

MY PRE - WEDDING PREPARATIONS (PART V)

We went to JB yesterday & meet my dear photographer friend at the CIQ (JB pick up point) as he will be picking us up from there.I suggest that we go KSL as my HTB friend tell us to recee there as there are many bridal shops - I mean no harm in just asking for the rates rite?

We reach there at about 10am & as most shops are not opened yet, we decided to have breakfast & after that some shopping while looking for the "many" bridal shops as mentioned by the friend. We saw some nice bling bling shoes... priced at RM$189 ~~ equivalent S$80!!! Wow!! That's alot for a pair of shoes that I will most probably wear only twice in my lifetime... the Pre wedding shoot & the AD... Maybe will consider if I really can't find any nice ones in other places.
While shopping, my friend asked the price for a normal Samsung USB cable at the normal pushcart stall - RM$10 & he was like "I can buy at S$1.90!". That actually become our joke when we pass by a bridal shop at the 3rd level (maybe it's at level 4) called VIVI Bridal. The shop was very "posh" & eventually, we didn't went in as I feel that it will be expensive based on they (the shops in KSL) are actually selling a USB cable for RM$10!! Just as we decided to leave KSL & head over to Sere Vella, we were given a flyer by LITTLE CHAI WEDDING STUDIO which they are doing a roadshow at KSL. My friend says " Just ask loh..." so we sat down...

The sales pitch by the gal Lilian wasn't very fantastic... It was the other lady, May who was more convincing.
The original package that was introduced to us was:
RM$2,899
- Indoor shoot + one outdoor shoot in JB (as we are not taking the AD so they replace with 1 outdoor shoot)

- 4 Gowns with matching Groom's suits
- 2 Albums( 1 small &1 med sized albums) with 23 poses (same poses for both albums)
- 1 big frame (can't remember the size)
- 1 table top frame
- all soft copies (up to 5R resolution) returned
- Make up artist & photographer

As we are not looking at any studio shoots, my friend asked if there are any for outdoor shoots only & suddenly, my HTB pointed to one of the picture frame resting on the floor behind me & says "Sheepsssss..."
Initially I thought it wasn't in JB area when she says its at "UK Farm" but apparently it is somewhere at JB which makes me interested as other than sheeps, the place also have horses, horses with carriages & flower fields. I asked if we can go there for the shoot instead + another location of our choice which is the Kota Tinggi waterfalls area, the gal Lilian quoted me RM$4,899 (same components as above but only no indoor shoots) & not including the entrance fees of RM$320 which will include the entrance for 5 people - MUA, Photographer & helper + the 2 of us

I was thinking that it is very expensive - estimated about close to S$2k which I can just go for any basic package with the bridal shops in SG & maybe top up abit more & I can get the AD as well....

I was about to leave when the lady, May came over & sit down with us to negotiate the package. I can't really remember the details of how we managed to go down to the price of RM$3,600 with added components of up to 30 poses for a bigger album - 18'X24' & as i do not want the smaller albums as it was a replica of the bigger album, it was replaced with another 5 more poses - up to 35 poses in the big album.

My friend told her that we will go for a smoke break to think about it & will come back later once we come to a decision.

Outside, we were discussing on the price - honestly, it was quite reasonable ~~ less than S$1,500 for the above components. SG easily can hit up to S$2.5-3K for the same stuff or even lesser.
My friend then suggest me to ask her if I do not require :
1. Photographer
2. Table Top frame photo
3. The big hanging frame photo can I lower the price to RM$2,600 & he says that this time he will not go in together with me to nego.

To cut the whole process short.... May's final price to us is RM$3,300 with up to 45 poses, 2 outdoor locations will be shoot over a 2-day period, the table frame, soft copies up to 5R resolutions, MUA & Photographer (but without the big hanging frame), 5 gowns with matching Groom's suits & accessories.

Even though they require a 50% deposit, RM1,000 on the photoshoot day & the balance on the day of collection of the album, we only paid a deposit of RM$200 as the excuse we gave them was we do not have enough ringgits, no credit cards...lolxxxx.....but we will be going down for gown selection next Sunday - 13th January 2013. I will update again once I had selected my gowns!!

As for my photographer friend, he was very happy that I managed to get a good deal as he feels we are under paying him... lolxxx
(he rather that we squeezed other people's price than his)

1 comment:

  1. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work.
    Flower Girl Dresses

    ReplyDelete